Monday, April 04, 2016

The BBC Is...

One of a popular chewing gum series was (and probably still is) the "Love is...". Rose bricks with some fruity-juicy flavours, if my memory does not fail me. And those little inserts with funny childish pictures depicting what the love is.

Even such a simple idea became an instrument of propaganda, now — that of tolerance towards sexual minorities.

Can we imagine a big news empire being NOT a propaganda tool? Doubtfully there is one. And surely, the BBC is such a tool.

Some of their publications drew my critical attention; e.g. here, and here.

One of my foreign friends told me that the true meaning of the BBC abbreviation was "the British Bullshit Corporation"; and things show it's not that far from truth.

I just would like to share an opinion of Graham Phillips, a British anti-Fascist and journalist covering the civil war in Ukraine honestly and courageously. Read it, please, it's well worth reading.

BBC – Britain’s Anti-Russian Ministry of Disinformation

Graham asks: The only question for lifetime BBC viewers is, was it ever thus? Has the BBC been lying to me all my life?

Sorry, but it looks like the one and only answer is "Yes", at least when it comes to Russia (or the USSR, for the matter). If not lying directly, then they have been skillfully hiding this or that part of the whole truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment